What you need to know about the non-surgical treatment
If you are looking for a non-surgical way to get a younger look again, then the fastest-growing anti-ageing treatment could be the answer.
Thread lifting is an easy way to smooth wrinkles and tighten sagging skin without surgery. There is a huge increase in the number of enquiries about thread liftings lately.
The procedure involves inserting threads into the soft tissues which are then pulled tight, lifting the skin. As a result, the face is redefined, volume restored & the effects of ageing are significantly reduced.
The threads can be both non-absorbable and absorbable. As absorbable threads dissolve naturally, the skin starts to produce more collagen and elastin which gives a longer-lasting result. The threads are inserted without an incision in the skin, so the procedure is totally safe.
Thread lifts can be used to treat a number of different areas, from smoothing horizontal and vertical forehead wrinkles to lifting the brow and outer eyebrow area and restoring volume to sagging cheeks. They can also smooth lines around the mouth and tighten sagging skin under the lower jaw, lift and rejuvenate various parts of the body.
Results are evident immediately after the procedure and can last from 1,5 to 5 years, depending on the thread composition.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s vital to have a consultation before the procedure.
The best candidates for thread lifting are aged 35 to 55 and have relatively good skin tone with a little sagging.
If there is too much loose skin then surgery may be the best option.
There are many different types of threads for lifting available.
APTOS presents a wide range of threads for various parts of the face and body.
Indications for Aptos thread lift:
- mild to moderate signs of ptosis of the skin
- loss of tissue volume
- development of fine lines and wrinkles
- sagging eyebrows
- a relaxed / sagging mid-facial appearance
- thinning of the lips
- the prominence of the jaw
- slight bags under the eyes or on the neck
- patients with some relapse from a previous procedure such as a facelift or neck lift
- facial asymmetry
- skin dehydration
Before the procedure:
- No special preparation is required prior to the treatment.
- However, we recommend that you discuss your expectations and ask your doctor any questions you have before starting the treatment. Inform the doctor of any treatments you have already received and of any medicines, you are currently taking.
- Avoid blood-thinning medicines and vitamin “E” a week before and after the treatment.
Procedures with APTOS threads must be performed by a doctor who has undergone specific training.
The 20-minute procedure
Applying APTOS threads takes around 20 minutes in a treatment room. Most people are able to resume work the same day after the procedure.
For patients who have multiple threads inserted, it can be a little complicated. For patients who have multiple threads inserted, there can be more discomfort.
The treatment will be adapted to your preferences and can be combined with other aesthetic procedures.
Advantages of APTOS thread lift:
- Double action: lifting and regeneration
- Minimally invasive procedure performed under the local anaesthesia
- Takes about 15 – 20 minutes
- Immediately evident results
- Minimum of downtime
- New collagen growth and increased microcirculation
- Long-term effect
Recommendations after treatment:
- After the procedure, slight swelling or bruising may occur. Arnica tablets can help with swelling and bruising
- Sometimes, a slight depression or skin irregularities appear. These inconveniences will subside within few days after the procedure
- The doctor will prescribe an antibiotic if there is a high risk of infection
- Apply ice packs immediately after the procedure
- Take analgesics in case of pain for 2-3 days
- Refrain from applying make-up for minimum 24 hours
- Sleep face up, in an elevated position for about 3-5 nights
- Wash face gently without rubbing or massaging for 5-7 days
- Sleep face up, in an elevated position on pillows for about 3-5 nights
- Wash and dry face gently without rubbing or massaging for 5-7 days
- Avoid excessive face and neck movements for about 2 weeks
- Avoid face and neck massages for 1 month
- Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight for 2 weeks
- Avoid over-exposure to direct sunlight and do not use tanning beds for 2 weeks
- Avoid sports and exercise for 2 weeks
- Do not use saunas for about 3 weeks
- Do not use saunas or hammams for about 3 weeks
- Avoid dental surgery for 3 weeks
- The doctor will prescribe an antibiotic if there is a substantial risk of infection